How to be a police officer in GTA 5 with mods
Almost all major GTA games allow players to assume the role of a cop. During the Vigilante side missions, the protagonists bring justice to themselves and eliminate dangerous criminals. Users can even dress up as a policeman in some 3D Universe games.
There’s no such thing in GTA 5. While Michael and Trevor can dress up as Highway Patrols, Vigilante side missions are no longer available. However, players can play as cops with a popular mod called LSPDFR, which is much more in-depth than Vigilante missions.
Step by step guide to becoming a good cop in GTA 5
What is LSPDFR?
LSPDFR (Los Santos Police Department First Response) is a fantastic mod for GTA 5 that allows players to act as police officers. The mod offers a whole new experience, turning the game into a police simulator.
As police officers, players can embark on high-speed chases, pursue fleeing criminals, or take down armed robbers. They can also choose who is arrested and who is pardoned. Users have full control over how the law is implemented in LSPDFR.
The police computer is inspired by GTA 4, but much more detailed, with added features like arrest warrant appeals. Players can customize their appearance, clothing, vehicles, and even housing. The most impressive aspect is the AI, which is much more advanced than the vanilla game.
How to install LSPDFR?
Here are the steps needed to get the LSPFR mod in Grand Theft Auto 5 via the autoinstaller:
- The first and obvious step is to download the mod, available on the official LSPDFR website. The download link is in the Downloads tab.
- Players who have never installed mods before may need to obtain the prerequisite apps needed to run LSPDFR.
- Users need to download the EXE file for the automatic installer instead of the manual installer ZIP file.
- The on-screen instructions are quite simple and only require the player to select the game directory. Once done, they are taken to a setup screen.
- This just makes the RAGE plugin compatible with the mod, and the installer also has the option to do this automatically.
Here’s what players should do when starting a game of GTA 5 with this mod for the first time:
- After installing the mod, they can simply start the game. However, immediately after receiving the intro, users must Alt + Tab to their game directory and launch the RAGEPluginHook.exe.
- They should press “Save and Launch” and open the game window again. Players can also customize some of the LSPDFR options of this plugin.
- Once the game loads, they can go to the nearest police station (which will now be marked) to start playing as a cop.
Entering the police station and choosing to take over will launch a character creator, much like GTA Online. From there, individuals are free to customize their outfits and vehicles and travel to San Andreas as officers of justice.