Beavers end their journey with a three-game streak at UCLA
GAME 41: Oregon State (28-12, 10-5) vs. UCLA (23-13, 10-8)
April 30, 2021 • 7:05 pm PT • Los Angeles, California • Jackie Robinson Stadium
RHP Kevin abel (3-3, 3.08) vs. RHP Zach Pettway (1-3, 4.00)
Oregon State and UCLA open a three-game series Friday night at Jackie Robinson Stadium in Los Angeles. The first pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. PT.
All matches are broadcast on the Beaver Sports Network with a pre-match 30 minutes before the first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1 – FM (Medford, weekend games), Rip City Radio 620-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games before 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games -end).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com and find the live stream on the Oregon State baseball schedule page. The games can be listened to through the TuneIn app, available for smartphones and tablets (search Beaver Sports Network).
The game will be broadcast on the Pac-12 networks. Jim Watson and Wes Clements will call the action.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 networks can watch the game online at pac-12.com or by using the Pac-12 Now app on smartphones and tablets.
Live stats for the game can be viewed by clicking on the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page at osubeavers.com.
Wade meckler and Joe casey each hit a pair of doubles and Oregon State scored seven runs in the seventh to come back from behind for an 8-5 win over LMU on Wednesday night. The Beavers totaled eight hits for the LMU pitchers. Kyle keyes won his first career victory with a scoreless sixth inning.
Compared to UCLA
• The teams have met 79 times before, with UCLA holding a slight 40-39 advantage. The Bruins also lead in games played in Los Angeles, 21-17.
• The Beavers are 6-4 in their last 10 games of the series. OSU won three consecutive victories from 2017 to 2018.
• Kevin abel, The likely OSU starter on Friday, struck out seven innings in 3 2/3 scoreless in the 2018 series. He had a two-end stoppage in Game 2 of the series, a 4-1 OSU victory .
Meckler at five
• Wade meckler extended his streak to five games with a 2 for 4 effort on Wednesday, hitting a pair of doubles.
• Meckler is 8 for 21 (0.381) with four doubles and one treble during the streak.
• Meckler, who is batting .338, has 23 hits this season, including 11 for extra goals.
Forrester Reaching Base in 16 straight
• Garret forrester went 1-for-3 on Wednesday, leading in a race while scoring one and walking once. This effort extended his streak of reaching base safely to 16 games.
• It’s the longest streak with the Beavers this season.
• Forrester has 11 walks and 12 hits in 16 games.
• Andy armstrong extended his streak to nine games with a 1-for-4 night on Wednesday. He is 14 for 38 (.368) during the streak.
• Armstrong also has a 16-game multi-hitting management team.
• OSU is 10-7 in April.
• Kevin abel has allowed seven hits and three earned runs in 24 2/3 innings on the road this season.
• Jake mulholland saved his 40th career game Wednesday, tying him with Oregon’s Jimmie Sherfy for the third-all-time in Pac-12 Conference history.